Along with the rest of New York City, New Yorkers For Children (NYFC) was hit hard when COVID struck in March. The youth whom we serve - who are already at risk in the best of times - were hit harder than anyone.
We are now at a crossroads of COVID-specific problems: Just as the needs of our youth have grown in scale and complexity, our traditional fundraising engine —the annual Fall Fête — has been canceled. In its stead, we are launching a fundraising campaign that will run until Thursday, October 29th.
We need to raise $750,000 to continue to support our youth and keep our lights on through the COVID-19 crisis and beyond. We hope we can continue to count on your support!
Here are examples of how your donations could support the work of NYFC to benefit youth in NYC foster care:
- DIAMOND SPONSOR: A gift of $100,000 could go a long way to support the NYFC Scholarship Fund which would allow our signature scholarships and supports to exist in perpetuity; ensuring our ability to continue supporting New York City foster youth during their transition into college, career, and independent adulthood.
- PLATINUM SPONSOR: A gift of $50,000 could provide almost 140 computers to support remote learning for college students.
- GOLD SPONSOR: A gift of $25,000 could support two new Nick’s Scholars, who would then receive academic advisement, youth development, tutoring, career development, financial coaching, and other supports.
- SILVER SPONSOR: A gift of $15,000 could support Emergency Grants for approximately 30 youth and help them navigate repercussions from the pandemic. These grants support groceries, rent, and other necessities. 44% of youth who have sought emergency assistance have been young parents who rely on these funds for diapers and other child-rearing essentials.
- BRONZE SPONSOR: A gift of $5,000 could award a merit-based scholarship to a special and hardworking student pursuing a bachelor’s degree through our Spirit Award Program.
- BENEFACTOR: A gift of $2,500 could sponsor a Back to School Lifetime Package, which provides one scholar with a brand new laptop and up to 5 years’ worth of stipends for textbooks and other expenses.
- ADVOCATE: A gift of $1,250 could provide twelve youth the opportunity to attend a rigorous training to become nationally certified Peer Mentors in our Youth Advisory Board Peer Mentor Program.
- FRIEND: A gift of $500 could help cover rent for a youth in the face of COVID-19 related dorm closures.
- SUPPORTER: A gift of $100 could help feed a young mother and her child for one week during the COVID-19 crisis.
Thank you all for being New Yorkers For Children!
NYFC Staff & Board